Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

First Hands-On Impression Sony NEX-7

Started by Jock ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

First Hands-On Impression Sony NEX-7

1 posts
  1. Maybe this is a little off-topic as it is not directly related to U/W-photography, but I just wanted to post my very,very first impression of the Sony NEX-7.

     

    Yesterday I went to my local photo dealer who has the NEX-7 in stock. When I grabbed the camera, my first thought was: UNCOMFORTABLE TO HOLD! Why? Because the space between the lens and the housing-"grip" is just too small for my fingers - I just cannot place them where they should be (and I have normal sized hands, not one of the sizes to dig a grave with...).

     

    I another post I was worrying about the recycle time of the internal strobe which I thought might be a problem for fast shooting with fiber optic cables. Well, if you set the internal strobe to a -3EV correction, this does not seem to be an issue - the camera was shooting "fast enough".

     

    The Olympus camera is not available yet. From the published pics it might (!) be more comfortable to hold - I will test.

     

    As I said, this is not directly related to using the camera in a housing, but of course I want to use it topside as well, and I am afraid that after a day of using the NEX I will swear at it... Normally, the first impression does not lie.

     

    Joerg

     

    post-5673-1331457088.jpg

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.