Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Where can i pick up a 5D MKII in California.

Started by kun1 ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Where can i pick up a 5D MKII in California.

7 posts
  1. I have a friend visiting the states and he's agreed to pick up a MKII for me. Could someone suggest where i can get one from in central LA or San Diego at a good price? Send me a PM if you dont want to post the store publicly.

  2. If you want a retail store, then it'll probably always be more expensive than online because of sales taxes and of course, rent! Samy's Camera does both. Calumet as well as Canoga. I buy most of my lenses locally so I can test them. I suggest you just order online and have it delivered.

  3. Samy's

     

    A number of stores from Santa Barbara south.

  4. In Sacramento Pardee's Camera usually has them at a good price.

  5. If you want a retail store, then it'll probably always be more expensive than online because of sales taxes and of course, rent! Samy's Camera does both. Calumet as well as Canoga. I buy most of my lenses locally so I can test them. I suggest you just order online and have it delivered.

     

     

    Thanks for the replies..

     

    Drew, i'm not sure what you mean at the end of your post? order online and have it delivered. if I was to order it online (from the states and have it sent to the uk) and get it delivered surely it would get hit with import duty and tax at 20% as soon as it hit the uk. Do you mean something else?

  6. Each state in the US charges sales tax, but it only applies to purchases in-state. I used to order online from NYC, get the order delivered (no tax, free shipping) to a friend in Philly, then get it repackaged and shipped to me in Australia.

     

    When planning these purchases make sure you include all the shipping and misc fees in your comparison prices. Sometimes it's cheaper to walk into a local store, or to pay the import duty.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.