Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

nudibranch ID

Started by escape ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

nudibranch ID

8 posts
  1. Can anyone ID this nudibranch? it looks like flatworm but has very small rhinophores & gills. size about half cm, found at Manado (img captured from footage).

     

    post-23965-1331522669.jpg

  2. Can anyone ID this nudibranch? it looks like flatworm but has very small rhinophores & gills. size about half cm, found at Manado (img captured from footage).

     

     

    I think if I saw that on a dive I'd be thinking "I wonder what slug laid that egg mass" :drink:

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

    PS- is there a link to the footage?

    Edited by JimSwims
  3. I think if I saw that on a dive I'd be thinking "I wonder what slug laid that egg mass" :drink:

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

    PS- is there a link to the footage?

     

    I just got back from trip. I'll post footage soon.

    Thanks,

  4. [vimeohd]39123566[/vimeohd]

     

    I just upload video clip from Manado trip.

    This nudi (or worm) on 06:05.

     

    Thanks,

  5. separate footage.

     

    [flickrvideo]6870525366[/flickrvideo]

  6. My first response was the same as Jim's but it's a flatworm. Many of them have that type of tentacles. The white streak in the middle of the body is the stomach and the 2 white spots at the end of the stomach are internal reproductive organs. The movement is very characteristic for a flattie.

  7. Leslie, could this be a Leptoplanid?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  8. That's one possibility. Callioplanidae and Planoceridae are 2 more families that have dorsal tentacles and very thin, transparent & cryptically patterned bodies. I don't really know flatworms & just picture key them like most people so I'm not willing to go past "flatworm" as an id.

    Cheerios, L

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.