Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

NEX-5n housing review

Started by adamhanlon ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

NEX-5n housing review

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    The first installment of the Sony NEX-5n housing review is now online.

     

    You can see it here.

     

    The review is currently only for the 10 Bar housing, but we have had offers of support from Aquatica, Nauticam, Subal and possibly Recsea and hope to add these soon. As we get housings tested, we will post our findings into the review.

     

    All the best

     

    Adam

  2. Great review Adam. Thanks. I do like that this model has both manual focus AND zoom controls. Nauticam and others should take note.

    Bob

  3. Thanks a lot!

     

    I'm very pleased to know that manual focus is possible with this housing since the focus ring activates the 4.8 X enlargement of the screen image to assist manual focusing in MF and DMF mode.

     

    Is there a dome port that will accommodate 16mm+WA converter with manual focus?

  4. We've had one instance of the flash lever problem as reported. We found that the culprit is actually the spring on the lever being a little to 'tense". Although it aligns the lever when you load the camera, the spring can be removed with no ill-effect, other than having to hold the lever in place when loading the housing. I'll speak to LC about it and I'm sure a smaller spring can be made available.

     

    AY: Yes, the 77x125 dome + 12mm extension should fit the 16mm and W/A or FE converter.

     

    Jack

  5. I am very intrigued by the 10Bar housing. Does anyone know if the 18-55 port will also work with the 16mm lens without attachments?

  6. I am very intrigued by the 10Bar housing. Does anyone know if the 18-55 port will also work with the 16mm lens without attachments?

     

    No, it will not. You need either the pancake port or the 77x125 dome.

     

    Jack

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.