Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Housing Upgrade--

Started by rzxrey ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Housing Upgrade--

3 posts
  1. Hi. I just want to clarify, If I send my housing for upgrade (it is an older model with no hotshoe and only 3 clips at the back and 2 at the front), Will ikelite replace all the "glass/plastic" housing and the buttons etc? Plus do an overall maintenance for 200+shipping? Can anyone share their experience with this?

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi. I just want to clarify, If I send my housing for upgrade (it is an older model with no hotshoe and only 3 clips at the back and 2 at the front), Will ikelite replace all the "glass/plastic" housing and the buttons etc? Plus do an overall maintenance for 200+shipping? Can anyone share their experience with this?

     

    Thanks

     

     

    The backplate stays, its only the front bit that gets replaced. Its basically 'like new' though, in that $200 covers the full service as well, apart from any cosmetic scratches on the backplate.

     

    Went fine, I got mine after I gave myself a flood from a front clip popping, so its well worth doing it before you manage that like I did.

     

    Otara

  3. The backplate stays, its only the front bit that gets replaced. Its basically 'like new' though, in that $200 covers the full service as well, apart from any cosmetic scratches on the backplate.

     

    Went fine, I got mine after I gave myself a flood from a front clip popping, so its well worth doing it before you manage that like I did.

     

    Otara

     

    I see. That's great, thanks a lot.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.