Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What lenses to use in dome port?

Started by fxvideo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

What lenses to use in dome port?

3 posts
  1. I bought a Sea & Sea DX30/60.................... yes I know, it is old but this will be a perfect housing to take the first steps in underwater DSLR shooting. With this housing there was a flatport, a 8 inch domeport and a extension ring. For my Canon camera I have a 17-40mm f4 lens, my question is if I can use this lens in the domeport or is it designed for a other lens. How can give me some info on the lenses to use with this port.

  2. According to the Sea&Sea system chart, the 17-40 only works with their fisheye dome port. Is this the one you have? Here is a link to the system chart:

     

    http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/digital_s...mchart/007.html

     

     

    Problem is that I don't know with nummer domeport I have got. If I go with the dimensions of the port it must be the fisheye domeport.So I can use the owned lens.

     

    Thanks for the info.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.