Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Screw hole on top of Ikelite housing

Started by mntlblok ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Screw hole on top of Ikelite housing

5 posts
  1. Ikelite sent me a replacement set for the thingy that holds stuff via screw to the top of the housing for my latest Digital Rebel. I had to break the plastic piece that surrounded metal "nut" that screws onto the black plastic part. After removing that metal "nut", I've decided that I should seek help about how to dislodge the remaining black plastic "screw". Figgered a photo might help with asking the question. How do I get the black plastic screw loose?

     

    Also, apparently the piece of black plastic that fits around the "nut" is "glued" into place. Is something peeled off the "sticky" side of it in order to make it adhere to the inner surface of the housing? TIA

     

    Kevin (needing another screw loose)

    Savannah

     

    post-4781-1332872014.jpg

    post-4781-1332872083.jpg

    post-4781-1332872061.jpg

  2. thats odd, i tried to get ikelite to send me a replacement and they said it should be send in. So i decided to use super glue to add the ball on top of the housing permanently.

  3. Ikelite sent me a replacement set for the thingy that holds stuff via screw to the top of the housing for my latest Digital Rebel. I had to break the plastic piece that surrounded metal "nut" that screws onto the black plastic part. After removing that metal "nut", I've decided that I should seek help about how to dislodge the remaining black plastic "screw". Figgered a photo might help with asking the question. How do I get the black plastic screw loose?

     

    Press it out. The o-ring and friction are holding it in. Clean the hole and lubricate the new o-ring when you reinstall the new part.

     

    Also, apparently the piece of black plastic that fits around the "nut" is "glued" into place. Is something peeled off the "sticky" side of it in order to make it adhere to the inner surface of the housing? TIA

     

    The black plastic nut retainer ( it just keeps the nut from turning) is held on to the housing with double sided sticky tape. You will have to remove the coating from the new plastic nut retainer.

     

    Hope that helps.

  4. Press it out. The o-ring and friction are holding it in. Clean the hole and lubricate the new o-ring when you reinstall the new part.

     

    . . .

     

    The black plastic nut retainer ( it just keeps the nut from turning) is held on to the housing with double sided sticky tape. You will have to remove the coating from the new plastic nut retainer.

     

    Hope that helps.

     

    Hell, *yes*, it helps! Thanks! It took about half an ounce of pressure "press" it out. The little wifey had to ask what I was cracking up about when it popped out so easily. :-) She might even get her kitchen counter back if I can figger out how to remove that "coating". Probably wouldn't have thought about greasing that o-ring, neither. . .

     

    Kevin

    nut retainer

  5. It should peel off, seperate it with a very sharp instrument strait pin, razor blade or exacto knife.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.