Adobe Camera RAW - Advice on use
I have been using the Adobe Camera RAW plugin (PS 7.0.1) for a while now but only recently have I realised how powerful it is. I seem to have worked out the best approach for correcting the colour and exposure but would like someone to verify my technique as sound.
I have four steps to adjusting an image prior to importing into PS, three of which rely on the histogram. The steps are
1) Set sharpness to 0
2) Adjust the temperature slider so that the red, green and blue histograms overlap as much as possible without saturating on either end of the spectrum
3) As 2) but using the tint slider
4) As 2) but using the exposure slider
This seems to produce pretty good results on almost all occasions, it also seems to give me maximum latitude within PS to adjust the colours/curves etc. without experiencing unremovable colour casts.
There are two things I would like to know.
1) Is the technique above sound or is there a better way
2) How many of the sliders on the RAW user interface are actually recovering information from the data and how many are generating that information. For example, if I set the temperature slider very high to recover red in my image am I actually "recovering red"
Thanks for your help