Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Moving macro adator further from housing???

Started by Packhorse ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Moving macro adator further from housing???

3 posts
  1. What would be the effect of moving a 67mm macro converter 20 mm's further away from the camera? ( PT-EPO5L housing

     

    I am in the process of making another macro lighting "ring of light" and I can cut a 67mm thread on the front of the front of the lighting ring.

     

     

    Also if anyone out there has a 67mm macro converter could you please measure the total diameter of it and let me know stating brand and model.

     

    Thanks

  2. MK2.jpg
  3. What would be the effect of moving a 67mm macro converter 20 mm's further away from the camera? ( PT-EPO5L housing

     

    I am in the process of making another macro lighting "ring of light" and I can cut a 67mm thread on the front of the front of the lighting ring.

     

     

    Also if anyone out there has a 67mm macro converter could you please measure the total diameter of it and let me know stating brand and model.

     

    Thanks

     

    I would guess the only major issue would be some vignetting, this is actually quite obvious a difference if I mount an Inon 165 macro lens on my EPL-2 (with the clip on macro adapter) versus my Fiances EPL-3 which has the inbuilt 67mm threads. I need to be zoomed in much closer to the 45mm end of the kit lens on the EPL2 to get over the vignetting compared to the EPL-3. Ill let you know the dimensions of the lens when I finish work.

    Moose

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.