Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma APO 1.4 Teleconverter

Started by MortenHansen ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma APO 1.4 Teleconverter

3 posts
  1. Actually I wanted to get the Kenko just because it seems thats the one everyone is using, but now I found this one.

     

    Does anyone have experience with this one?

     

    Does autofocus work with canon 100mm usm and tokina 10-17?

     

    Any feedback would be awesome!

    Thanks, Morten.

  2. Actually I wanted to get the Kenko just because it seems thats the one everyone is using, but now I found this one.

     

    Does anyone have experience with this one?

     

    Does autofocus work with canon 100mm usm and tokina 10-17?

     

    Any feedback would be awesome!

    Thanks, Morten.

    There is a compatibility chart at sigma that suggests that you will not get autofocus except with a few lenses which is why most folks are using Kenko/Tamron but I can't find the details on if the Tokina will work.

    Bill

  3. There is a compatibility chart at sigma that suggests that you will not get autofocus except with a few lenses which is why most folks are using Kenko/Tamron but I can't find the details on if the Tokina will work.

    Bill

     

    Thanks for the reply! Found a few compatibility charts and it seems that the Sigma TC only really works (AF) on Sigma lenses.

     

    Got myself a Tamron 1.4, friend brought it over from Bangkok. Had a single dive with it, but I need to practice a lot more, I'm finding that its hard to get the sharpness that I'm used to with just the 100mm. I was doing manual focus, which was also a first time for me with the 7D, will give an update on the matter once I get a bit more experience with it :)

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.