Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Port Recommendation for 60mm + 1.4x teleconverter

Started by DivePalau ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Port Recommendation for 60mm + 1.4x teleconverter

5 posts
  1. Good Morning,

     

    I have a Nikon D90 /w Ikelite housing. I need to buy a port for my Nikon 60mm /w tamron 1.4x teleconverter.

     

    What acrylic port do I need to buy to house this combination? I was thinking a 105mm port. Would that be the right choice?

     

    Thanks,

    Chris Christensen

  2. The Ikelite chart says 60mm Macro D 60mm Macro f/2.8G ED AF-S Standard - Flat port — 5502.41 port #5502.41 Lens less than 4.1" (10.4cm) ... $150

     

    Your tele converter should add about .75" or 19mm to the length so I would think the idel port would be #5505.45 Lens less than 5.1" (13.0cm) ... $150

     

    However you can use anything longer as the view of the lens will not see the port but you will have additional size and buoyancy.

     

    #5501..... Lens less than 2.5" (6.30cm) ... $125

    #5502..... Lens less than 3.5" (8.90cm) ... $125

    #5502.41 Lens less than 4.1" (10.4cm) ... $150

    #5505..... Lens less than 4.5" (11.4cm) ... $150

    #5505.45 Lens less than 5.1" (13.0cm) ... $150

    #5505.5.. Lens less than 5.5" (14.0cm) ... $150

    #5505.58 Lens less than 6.1" (15.5cm) ... $150

     

    Haye a great day

  3. Thank you for the help. I'll take a look at it!

     

    The Ikelite chart says 60mm Macro D 60mm Macro f/2.8G ED AF-S Standard - Flat port — 5502.41 port #5502.41 Lens less than 4.1" (10.4cm) ... $150

     

    Your tele converter should add about .75" or 19mm to the length so I would think the idel port would be #5505.45 Lens less than 5.1" (13.0cm) ... $150

     

    However you can use anything longer as the view of the lens will not see the port but you will have additional size and buoyancy.

     

    #5501..... Lens less than 2.5" (6.30cm) ... $125

    #5502..... Lens less than 3.5" (8.90cm) ... $125

    #5502.41 Lens less than 4.1" (10.4cm) ... $150

    #5505..... Lens less than 4.5" (11.4cm) ... $150

    #5505.45 Lens less than 5.1" (13.0cm) ... $150

    #5505.5.. Lens less than 5.5" (14.0cm) ... $150

    #5505.58 Lens less than 6.1" (15.5cm) ... $150

     

    Haye a great day

  4. My 60mm D lens and 1.4x teleconverter fit perfectly in the port for my 105mm D lens.

  5. I assume there isn't a port that allows manual focus for my lens? I see this for the 105mm D:

     

    105mm Macro D

    Standard - Flat with Focus

    Requires:

    — 5508.05 port

     

    Allows switching between manual and auto focus underwater. $$

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.