Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is there a way to log a printers usage?

Started by Cal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Is there a way to log a printers usage?

5 posts
  1. Hi Crew,

     

    I have a Canon pixma printer

     

    I'm curious as to whether there is a way to log how many prints it makes?

     

    The reason i'm trying to track this down is I have a small photography business which produces children's prints on location. I rarely take the photographs and so I need to be able to count the number of prints it makes for stock take purposes (and to keep an eye on my staff so they aren't pocketing the business' cash)

     

    I could have the staff count and log the photo paper at the start and then at the end of the shift but i'm wondering whether it can be done electronically?

     

    Thanks in advance!

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. Hi Crew,

     

    I have a Canon pixma printer

     

    I'm curious as to whether there is a way to log how many prints it makes?

     

    The reason i'm trying to track this down is I have a small photography business which produces children's prints on location. I rarely take the photographs and so I need to be able to count the number of prints it makes for stock take purposes (and to keep an eye on my staff so they aren't pocketing the business' cash)

     

    I could have the staff count and log the photo paper at the start and then at the end of the shift but i'm wondering whether it can be done electronically?

     

    Thanks in advance!

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

     

     

     

    at work we use a program called ' printer counter' but im fairly sure thats the software that came with the printer...

     

    i dont think its going to be much use to you but...

  3. Thanks Gary. I guess the staff will just keep counting photo paper at the start and end of each shift.... I just wish there was an easier way!

  4. Don't know about the Pixma but some test or maintenance prints give you a page count.

  5. Thanks Gary. I guess the staff will just keep counting photo paper at the start and end of each shift.... I just wish there was an easier way!

    For PCs there is PaperCut logger that supposedly does what you need. We use it at work to log printer usage and to keep track of ink usage. For the Mac CZ solutions told us they had Mac versions but I didn't try them out.

    Bill

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.