Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Housing Sent for Repair -- Clearance Delay on the way back?

Started by Swimmersible ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Housing Sent for Repair -- Clearance Delay on the way back?

4 posts
  1. Has anybody experienced sending their Ikelite Housing to ikelite and had clearance delay upon returning (to Canada in this case) They shipped it via DHL. Do they mark them as a $1400 camera housing even though it was sent as a repair--thereby causing the delay? Or are there other factors?

  2. The one time I sent mine back, there were no delays on the way back. They marked it "goods sent for repair". I'd be very surprised if the delay was because of something Ikelite did - more likely DHL or Canada Customs. Hope you get it soon.

     

    Lee

  3. The one time I sent mine back, there were no delays on the way back. They marked it "goods sent for repair". I'd be very surprised if the delay was because of something Ikelite did - more likely DHL or Canada Customs. Hope you get it soon.

     

    Lee

     

    Hi Lee,

    Did you have to pay fees at your door when the package was delivered? I just gave them a call and told me that it was under-valued and a rep will call me to confirm etc etc.. Why would they even consider it undervalued when the item was just sent for repair?

  4. It was a couple years ago now, but if I remember correctly - no fees at the front door. All the costs were covered by what Ikelite charged to send it back. As for the hold-up - that's strange they would question it being undervalued - unless it doesn't clearly state that the item was returned for service. I also know a few others with Ikelite housings and no one I know has had this trouble. Once you clarify with them that it was returned for repair, all should be good. I won't end with "good luck", because you shouldn't need it!

     

    Lee

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.