Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

External Metering Options

Started by JKrumsick ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

External Metering Options

3 posts
  1. Hey all you happy people (intoning ol' Droopy dog for those to young for it).

     

    I am looking for a good way to meter the light underwater without having it in camera. I am shooting with a Hassy SWC. I am thinking about using my 7D to meter for some shots but I need a better way to do it (another camera is not easy to handle underwater...).

     

    Anyone have any ideas?

     

    Thanks!

  2. Hey all you happy people (intoning ol' Droopy dog for those to young for it).

     

    I am looking for a good way to meter the light underwater without having it in camera. I am shooting with a Hassy SWC. I am thinking about using my 7D to meter for some shots but I need a better way to do it (another camera is not easy to handle underwater...).

     

    Anyone have any ideas?

     

    Thanks!

    There is an old sekonic on ebay right now for $30. Otherwise best bet might be one of the underwater bag housings and chunk the meter in it.

    Bill

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.