Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Hasselblad H-38 housing for sale - For SWC/M

Started by scuba300 ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Hasselblad H-38 housing for sale - For SWC/M

9 posts
  1. I am selling my Hasselblad H-38 housing and wanted to give you guys a chance at it before I put it on Ebay.

    Will consider a REASONABLE offer.

     

    Let me know if you have any questions or want to see more photos.

     

    Thanks!

    --------------------------------------------------

     

    H38_640.jpg

     

    This is the H-38 underwater housing made for Hasselblad by Peterson / Gates. It fits the Hasselblad SWC/M with a CF lens. It was also made to fit the 903 SWC but will require a different base plate which is NOT included. The housing was manufactured by Gates Underwater Products whose housings are known to be some of the finest available.

     

    This is my personal housing and I am the original owner. I have had it down to around 140 feet and it has always worked flawlessly. It has never had any leaks of any kind. It is in extremely good condition - not perfect but close to it. I have always been meticulous in maintaining it.

     

    The kit includes:

    - the front and rear halves of the housing

    - the original dome port

    - view finder

    - gears for aperture, shutter speed, focus

    - leak detector

    - adapter for shutter / film advance

    - base / mounting plate for SWC/M with a CF lens

    - Proxar 2 closeup lens

    - extra o-rings

     

    It is ready to be used with Nikonos flash cables. The dome is extremely clean

     

    I spoke to Lee Peterson at Marine Camera Distributors (the original designer) and he said that it can be easily modified to work with several different digital backs.

     

    Let me know if you have any questions.

  2. I have now listed this for sale on Ebay with additional photos.

  3. Hello Scuba 300

     

    Do you still have the H38 for sell?

     

    Thanks!

  4. Hi Matowsky,

     

    Yes, I still have the Hasselblad housing available.

     

    Let me know if you are interested.

     

    Thanks

  5. Hi scuba300,

     

    do you still have the hasselblad housing for sale?

     

    Looking forward to your answer

     

    Thanks

  6. Yes, I still have the housing available. It's all boxed up and ready to ship if anyone is interested in buying it.

     

    Let me know if you're interested.

     

    Thanks!

  7. Hello,

     

    I currently have a housing for Hasselblad 500 C/M that I use with a 50mm CT* and might be interested by yours.

     

    I have a few questions:

    - what is the weight of the housing plus dome? (without camera)

    - how do you manage manual focus without viewfinder? Hyperfocal? (50 mm with f/5.6 or f/8 apertures has a relative shallow DOF at close focus)

     

    Best regards,

     

    abies

     

    PS: any way to contact you?

    Edited by abies
  8. I still have this housing available.

     

    Price is $2,200.00

     

    This is the H-38 underwater housing made for Hasselblad by Peterson / Gates. It fits the Hasselblad SWC/M with a CF lens. The housing was manufactured by Gates Underwater Products whose housings are known to be of the highest quality available.

    Only about 60 of these housings were ever made.

    This is my personal housing and I am the original owner. I have had it down to around 140 feet and it has always worked flawlessly. It has never had any leaks of any kind. It is in excellent condition - not perfect, but close to it. I have always been meticulous in maintaining it.

    The kit includes:
    - the front and rear halves of the housing
    - the original dome port
    - view finder
    - gears for aperture, shutter speed, focus - for Hasselblad SWC/M with a CF lens
    - leak detector
    - adapter for shutter / film advance
    - base / mounting plate for SWC/M with a CF lens
    - Proxar 2 closeup lens
    - extra o-rings

    It is ready to be used with Nikonos flash cables. The dome is extremely clean

    I spoke to Lee Peterson at Marine Camera Distributors (the original designer) and he said that a viewing window can be easily added to the back for use with digital backs and that it is awesome with Phase One digital backs.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

     

     

     

    right_side2.jpg

     

    front_view.jpg

     

    leftside.jpg

     

    H38_accessories.jpg

     

    rear_view.jpg

     

    top_view.jpg

     

    bottom_view.jpg

  9. SOLD!

     

    I hope that the new owner enjoys using it as much as I did!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.