Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Port recommendation for Tokina fisheye 10-17

Started by DivePalau ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Port recommendation for Tokina fisheye 10-17

7 posts
  1. Hello Everyone,

     

    I got such good advice from my last post I thought I'd ask one more question.

     

    I am getting a Tokina 10-17 fisheye for my Nikon D90. I have a 1.4x teleconverter that I bought for my nikon 60mm lens, but is it worth using the teleconverter on the tokina?

     

    What Ikelite port should I buy for my tokina? Should I factor in the teleconverter or buy a port for the tokina without the teleconverter?

     

    Thanks,

    Chris Christensen

  2. I have had very good luck and results with the D90, tokina 10-17 and a tele-converter in a ilelite housing with a mini dome. The tele-converter allows you to use the wide angle lens but has a smaller field of view so it works great for smaller subjects. The tele-converter will add about 19mm or .75" to the length of the required port.

  3. What kind of teleconverter do you use?

  4. I use the 4.3" Bare Dome with a Kenko Pro 1.4x TC. Another TC may not work with the Tokina.

    Bob

    Edited by Deep6
  5. is there anyway of using the lens with TC with the 6 or 8 inch Ikelite domes?

  6. is there anyway of using the lens with TC with the 6 or 8 inch Ikelite domes?

     

    Sure you can use the teleconverter with the 6" or 8" dome. For the six inch you will need one that is 3/4" or 19mm longer than what ikelite recomends. For the 8" you will need a longer port.

  7. I use the 4.3" Bare Dome with a Kenko Pro 1.4x TC. Another TC may not work with the Tokina.

    Bob

     

    Bob That is a great dome but Barry dosen't make one for the ikelite housing and I believe that is what the orgional posted has. You can find the same dome for the ikelite housing on the left side of bary's page http://www.bareports.com/index.htm

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.