Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Deeproof 67mm Wet lens mount.

Started by JimSwims ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Deeproof 67mm Wet lens mount.

3 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    it's time I got around to adding a 105mm to my rig. In addition I was looking at mounts for 67mm thread wet lens. Originally I was

    looking at the F.I.T adapter for 100mm ports but now looking closely at the Deeproof mount. I'm concerned the grub screws used to

    hold the F.I.T mount on will trash the exterior of the port, also I like/prefer the swing arm of the Deeproof version. Does anyone have

    any experience of either unit?

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  2. I have the FIT 67mm adapter for my flat port. My port fits both the 60 micro and 105 micro using an extension. The little screws do rub small marks on the port outside surface. I find there is no need to adjust the screws for my port as it is tight enough already with the screws nearly totally 'open'. I will look again later (not at home at the moment) but I do not think the screws are doing anything serious to the port. But then, I do not to dive nearly as much as you do.

    Seeing the Deeproof option, I think I would prefer that method. I would much prefer a lens setup I could move away and back when needed rather than the off/on only option. I have floats on all my ULCS arms so the lens caddy does not have a good place to locate.

    I am thinking of buying the deeproof to replace my FIT unit. Wanna buy it 1/2 price? Of course, we have to get it shipped 1/2 way around the globe.

  3. :) Thanks for the offer Dave but I think the reasons you are wanting to switch to the Deeproof are the same reasons I'm

    looking at that one as opposed to the F.I.T. Thanks for your observations. Looks like the Deeproof is that new that no one

    on WP has got their hands on one yet.

     

    Will have to share once I do end up getting one.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.