Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Shark Diver Magazine Cover and article

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Shark Diver Magazine Cover and article

9 posts
  1. Shark Diver Magazine Cover and article

    Congrats to Eric on his cover and article on the current Shark Diver Magazine. Sorry, I have not gotten to the article yet to critique. Issue #5

     

    Oh and if you look into the magazine there is a feature of Andy Sallmon. The Great Hammerhead shot that is shown...I was 5 feet to his right when that was taken. Needless to say I had strobe issues so, no picture worth displaying. Unless I spend a lot of time photoshopping to get a well below average pic. :oops:

     

    www.sharkdivermag.com

  2. Yay! I was wondering when that issue would come out. :D Now, I have to go find one or two copies. :)

  3. Nice cover photo!

     

    Shark%20Diver%205.jpg

  4. I haven't seen it in real life yet. I've only seen this image, and the huge poster of it they had at DEMA.

  5. Hey, y'all. Can someone who has actually seen the issue give me an honest assessment of the print quality of the cover photo and the images in the article I wrote? I hear that it isn't the best. Thank you...

  6. Eric, I was not impressed with the quality of the cover photo or some of the pictures inside. I assume something was lost in the translation. IMHO

  7. Yeah. That's what I've been hearing. Unfortunate. :D

     

    Here's the original image:

    030822_123216_5175.jpg

     

    Granted, just because it looks acceptable on-screen doesn't mean that it will look good in print. But I'm fairly certain that the image should have held up.

  8. Too bad, but hey man, congratulations! Seriously cool, even if they screwed it up!

     

    Don

  9. One good thing is they don't wedge it in among magazine contents. I like their logo.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.