An amazing capture of a pod of dolphins stranding themselves on the beach, and then rescued by beach goers. Not the entire pod stranded though and there was no explanation of why they ran aground. Bizarre!
[youtubehd]ekmMD8oYtJ0[/youtubehd]
Read-only discussion
An amazing capture of a pod of dolphins stranding themselves on the beach, and then rescued by beach goers. Not the entire pod stranded though and there was no explanation of why they ran aground. Bizarre!
[youtubehd]ekmMD8oYtJ0[/youtubehd]
That's awesome, well done to the people for racing to help although not the bloke for wearing the speedos
I think the shooter will be getting some big bucks from worldwide interest in this!?
Dean
I had seen this video elsewhere, can't recall where. Wish I knew why beaching are so common with dolphins and wonder if naval or other marine activities mess with their echo location. Many years ago my friend and on were on an isolated beach in Mexico resting between dives and a lone dolphin beached itself right near us. He and I had a rough time turning it around and sending it back out to sea but, at the time, we both thought that it might just re beach itself somewhere else. We will never know. Other than humans, I do not believe that there is any other animal that can be suicidal so, if this is accurate, than something must be causing these beachings.
Steve
It's still a mystery to mankind why dolphins and whales beach. Underwater seismic activity might apparently also a reason.
Hey at least speedo guy got in there and did something, mister orange shorts, blue shirt did nothing. Funny all the women folk watched. When my wife and were helping put out a house fire in Belize it was pretty amazing watching every on help. Only a few stood around.
Just to add some information, this event happened in Brazil a few months ago in a small city two hours from Rio de Janeiro called Arraial do Cabo, wich is a very nice place to dive btw. I am happy that the rescue was successful!
An amazing capture of a pod of dolphins stranding themselves on the beach, and then rescued by beach goers. Not the entire pod stranded though and there was no explanation of why they ran aground. Bizarre!
[youtubehd]ekmMD8oYtJ0[/youtubehd]
Wow, that's amazing - good job everyone was there to help them back in the sea
My only gripe is that I'm strongly against people touching wild animals ![]()
![]()
Wow! Thanks for sharing! Really bizzare.
Sorry I know this topic goes back to May, but I may have so relevant helpful information. I am a director of a UK based organisation called British Divers Marine Life Rescue. We rescue marine animals - whales, dolphins, porpoises and seals etc.
Dolphins strand for so many reasons that it is easy to speculate, but difficult to pin down what it could be. Naval exercises, chasing fish or a confused/injured/sick lead animal all could be plausible in this case. The fast response of the public was incredible, but if you are ever in a situation like this please please please, do NOT pull a cetacean (whale, dolphin, propoise) by the tail. The muscles and joints running into the tail are quite fragile when pulled ways in which they were not designed.
I don't want to diss what those people did, as they saved a lot of lives their, but it's better to have the information and you can tell others if you see it for yourself.
I hope that helps
Gavin Parsons
Director
British Divers Marine Life Rescue
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.