I want to buy buy a smaller domeport for my Nikon fisheye lense.
Will the wide port give the same result with a fisheye lense or will the Fisheye port give a much better result ( not pixelpeeping) with a fisheye lense??
planning to use it with the Nikon D800.
I already have the superdome but want a smaller dome for travelling. I know these ports are not for reticulinar lenses.
Rob
I have both the superdome and the fisheye macro port (fmp). I tend to use fmp more. I have not noticed any image quality problems, and it is much smaller and lower displacement which helps with diving.
Hi,
I don't mean the macro fisheyeport.
I mean the normal 16 cm fisheyeport versus the 14 cm wideport.
Rob
I'd forget the fisheye port. It's not that much lighter than the SD. It'd be only workable with one lens. With the WP, you can get the 24mm and above to work. I'd also check out the Sigma 15mm, which focuses closer.
The WidePort is actually very versatile. Its been my mainstay wide-angle port for years with 15mm fisheye, 24/1.4, 35/1.4 and so on (as I'm on Canon). I tend to stop down well and the results are pretty decent. As has been said by Drew the Fisheye Port is limited in what will work behind it and I'd recommend it only if you are happy to stick to one fisheye lens. For traveling I'd suggest the WidePort with a set of extenders - I have shot a 100 macro through it too, with good results,
Hi
I use the W/P with my 12/24mm Nikon with a 35mm extender with a 4x diopter with great results, also when I use
my 10/17mm Tokina I just use the W/P also with great results, this port is great for traveling as it is compact.