Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

S100 housing

Started by jlyle ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

S100 housing

8 posts
  1. The Ikelite housing for the S100 does not allow access to the rear ring control. Is this a problem for the u/w photographer?

     

    It isn't clear to me if the Canon housing gives you full access or not. Anyone out there care to comment?

     

    The RecSea housing is very nice, but there have been reports of pitting and poor service from RecSea.

    Edited by jlyle
  2. The canon housing also only has control of the front wheel. My work-around for an s95 in an ikelite housing is to use the wheel function button to switch between apeture and shutter speed control for the front wheel. I had to set shutter speed as my custom front wheel control to do this. I find this a pain and if money was no object would have bought a housing with full controls (or more likely a micro 4/3rds camera and ali housing).

  3. The Fisheye FIX housing gives full control over both front and rear dials.

  4. The Fit housing is fantastic for this camera and so far everyone seems to be really enjoying them.

  5. I have Ikelite housing for the S100. Although you can't access the rear wheel, There is a work around. With the ring.func button you can define the front wheel to do any function you like.

  6. I have Ikelite housing for the S100. Although you can't access the rear wheel, There is a work around. With the ring.func button you can define the front wheel to do any function you like.

     

     

    Just the information I was looking for. Thank you.

     

    I saw your images - very, very nice!

  7. Just the information I was looking for. Thank you.

     

    I saw your images - very, very nice!

    I have the fix housing. I've had in my hands and I recommend Issota housing. Is smaller and has anti humidity alarm. I love the softness in the front ring control . I think it's cheaper than the fix

    regards

    Edited by ardijump
  8. The Ikelite housing for the S100 does not allow access to the rear ring control. Is this a problem for the u/w photographer?

     

    It isn't clear to me if the Canon housing gives you full access or not. Anyone out there care to comment?

     

    The RecSea housing is very nice, but there have been reports of pitting and poor service from RecSea.

     

    There are plenty of people with the RecSea housing without any problems. The only difference between that an the FIX is the cathode that you can create yourself inserting a zinc washer

    It also is clear that if you don't leave housing to soak for long times in water that is not really fresh you never experience any corrosion either so it is difficult to say right now if those who experienced corrosion did so because they flooded the housing or did something with it

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.