Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Newbie on focusing Nikon 105mm with Ikelite

Started by wwu123 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Newbie on focusing Nikon 105mm with Ikelite

1 posts
  1. Hi, I've been using a 60mm macro with my D70s in an Ikelite housing the last several years, autofocus only. I just recently picked secondhand up the Nikon 105mm 2.8D and the corresponding Ikelite port 5508.05 (traditional-style not modular) with manual focusing knob. I'm mainly planning on using it in autofocus, as I wasn't searching specifically for the version with the knob.

     

    I have an upcoming short diving trip, and was curious about experimenting with the focus knob, but am pretty unfamiliar with both the lens and port. I also understand there may be multiple versions of the 105mm, some with M/A or M, but mine only has M or A.

    -manual focus - what should be the settings for the camera body (M or A), and lens (M or A, limit or full)

    -fine-tuning autofocus - is it not possible with my lens? When I have the lens set to A, the manual focus ring is disengaged, and the knob doesn't do anything.

    -switching from M to A underwater - also not possible with my lens? I think maybe this port may have come with another loose ring or sleeve originally, but I do not have it. I've seen it mentioned only in a few web pages dating to 2006 or 2007.

    Edited by wwu123
Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.