Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Wet Lens for Canon IXUS 980 IS

Started by Danny Dives ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Wet Lens for Canon IXUS 980 IS

2 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I'm looking into getting a different camera set up from my current point n' shoot - one which has manual control.

     

    I may be purchasing a Canon IXUS 980 IS & housing, which fits the bill (and my budget) rather well. However the reason I'm posting is because I'm interested in the fish-eye and wide angle lenses that are available for this model and housing.

     

    I've done a bit of googling and found that I can get an INON UFL-165AD, providing I also get an adapter mount for it. I've read great things about this lens, but still being relatively noob-ish I'm finding it hard to work out what other wet lenses may be available. The Inon looks awesome, but I think I'm right in saying that it's one of the most expensive wet lenses you can get for this model.

     

    So can anyone tell me if/what other fish eye/wide-angle wet lenses are available and would be compatible with a Canon IXUS 980 IS & WP-DC27 housing? Perhaps from Fantasea, Dyron and Epoque?

     

    Thanks in advance for any advice!

     

    :P

  2. post-6037-1339931493.jpg

     

    Hi Danny,

     

    Thanks for your post and sorry that I haven't been able to reply sooner.

     

    I used to shoot with a Canon Ixus 980 with an INON UFL-165 AD Fisheye Lens and absolutely loved it.

     

    Here is one of the photos taken with it whilst in Raja Ampat last year at The Passage.

     

    If you need any more help, just let me know.

     

    Best of luck,

     

    Maria

     

     

    Hey all,

     

    I'm looking into getting a different camera set up from my current point n' shoot - one which has manual control.

     

    I may be purchasing a Canon IXUS 980 IS & housing, which fits the bill (and my budget) rather well. However the reason I'm posting is because I'm interested in the fish-eye and wide angle lenses that are available for this model and housing.

     

    I've done a bit of googling and found that I can get an INON UFL-165AD, providing I also get an adapter mount for it. I've read great things about this lens, but still being relatively noob-ish I'm finding it hard to work out what other wet lenses may be available. The Inon looks awesome, but I think I'm right in saying that it's one of the most expensive wet lenses you can get for this model.

     

    So can anyone tell me if/what other fish eye/wide-angle wet lenses are available and would be compatible with a Canon IXUS 980 IS & WP-DC27 housing? Perhaps from Fantasea, Dyron and Epoque?

     

    Thanks in advance for any advice!

     

    :lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.