Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

For Ikelite users with small hands

Started by pointy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

For Ikelite users with small hands

4 posts
  1. I have a Canon T2i in my Ikelite housing. In order to obtain focus and then lock it, I really had to stretch my hand around the handle. Sometimes I prematurely triggered the shutter while straining to make contact with the AE lock. So I have added an extension to the AE lock control knob, which has given me (with my small hands) better control.

     

    It was a cheap and simple fix, and it didn't require duct tape. (I'm not saying duct tape is a bad thing, but I already have enough of that stuff on my rig). I have included a flicker link to show the fix:

     

    AE lock extender

     

    John McCracken

  2. Sorry, the previous attempt to post the Flickr link didn't work. I hope it works this time.

     

    AE lock extension

     

    John McCracken

  3. Aaah yes, pictures showing now. Nice little addition, well done!

  4. I like it, clever

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.