Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100

Started by sharky1961 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100

5 posts
  1. hi,

     

     

    does somebody uses the Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 for underwater macro??

    Are there telekonverters for this Zeiss lens??

     

    rob

  2. two things I see as a limiting factor, one is that it only does 1:2 ratio, two is that it is manual focus, as far as TC goes I presume our usual suspect, the Kenko would work, given there is no AF involved, but as good as the Carl Zeiss is, it become a Kenko once you put the converter on it.

     

    I certainly see the value of the lens top side, not so much underwater.

  3. as good as the Carl Zeiss is, it become a Kenko once you put the converter on it.

     

    I think Kenko will not be sending you a birthday card this year Jean! LOL

  4. I think Kenko will not be sending you a birthday card this year Jean! LOL

     

     

    Heck the way its going lately, I'll be lucky to get coal in my X-mas sock :P

     

    Kidding aside, I have both the 1.4x and 2x and they do superb work for me, it's just that IMO, it is a lot of money and sacrifice (no AF, no 1:1) to go elitist on the optic and then slap a generic TC on it, I mean, if you gotta do it, you do it. I would get a 150mm Sigma f/2.8 instead since it does 1:1 right out of the box and has AF, then with a close up, you can go to town (in a civilized way) on the pygmies.

  5. I am thinking of doing this too. I am renting one of these lenses for a few days to check out topside if it really is worth the effort. I am not at the cutting edge of technology but I NEVER use my Nik 105 on autofocus so the manual focus of this thing is of no importance at all.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.