Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Digital Velvia?

Started by NitroLiq ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital Velvia?

4 posts
  1. Digital Velvia?

    Has anyone tried Fred Miranda's Digital Velvia actions or know of any other actions/plugins that try to digitally emulate velvia and how they fare?

  2. I have Fred Miranda's digital velvia and it is quite impressive, and very easy to use. I imagine you could accomplish the same thing manually with the PS options, but I'm just not there yet. He allows for varying degrees of "optimizaton" so you can readily see the results of increasing or decreasing the amount. For some shots, a very low amount (or none) is best, for others you want more. You have to try and see what works for various shots. I tested it using a shot of a brown and white seahorse on a brown background, and just using a small degree of adjustment made a noticeable improvement.

    His prices are very reasonable, too.

    (I am in no way affiliated with this product ......)

    Regards, Linda I.

  3. I quite like Fred Miranda's DV as well. I like to use it at low settings.

  4. Did a little more research and found an interesting discussion on it including a link to a free plugin called "digital velvia" which I'm guessing works along the same lines as Fred's with manipulating the channel mixer. One of the posters also put the steps up for her own custom actions. You can check it out here:

     

    http://www.ephotozine.com/forum/viewanswer...id=7878&catid=1

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.