Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Internal flash power on S100 with TTL strobe

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Internal flash power on S100 with TTL strobe

7 posts
  1. Here's another question:

     

    The few times I used my Canon digicam, I always shot on manual, and triggered my external strobe with my internal flash on 2/3 power, to save battery power. Will this be possible and still achieve TTL in A, P and S modes, with a S&S YS01 or will they have to have the internal strobe on full power? When they start out, I would like them to be able to attain TTL if possible.

     

    Any advice from those that use this combo appreciated.

     

    Marli

  2. TTL should work fine. Do you have a decent optical cable and optical connector on the housing?

  3. Unfortunately, I am trying to plan a course without having the equipment. I will have beginner students with this set-up. It's weird to plan without having your hands on the equipment.

     

    Thanks for your reply,

    Marli

  4. Unfortunately, I am trying to plan a course without having the equipment. I will have beginner students with this set-up. It's weird to plan without having your hands on the equipment.

     

    Thanks for your reply,

    Marli

     

    When you shoot in TTL you can't set the internal flash to the minimum power. So the power consumption will depend mostly to how well exposed are the pictures and how strong is the external strobe

    For normal use in TTL you can get 2+ dive out of a battery for an S95 if you shoot in normal conditions things within 2-3 feet max

    Does this help?

  5. Thanks! I wasn't thinking. This seems a bit obvious now. I'll chalk it up to a blond moment.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  6. If you put the strobes on TTl and the Flash Stetting on Auto. You get a other choice of + or - 2 stops.. I wonder if the output of the on board changes and that might save batteries.

    Tried looking in the manual for this feature, but I could not find anything.

     

    The TTL seem to work last week on the East End Grand Cayman.. Compass Resort May 2012

    Edited by samplin
  7. If you put the strobes on TTl and the Flash Stetting on Auto. You get a other choice of + or - 2 stops.. I wonder if the output of the on board changes and that might save batteries.

    Tried looking in the manual for this feature, but I could not find anything.

     

    The TTL seem to work last week on the East End Grand Cayman.. Compass Resort May 2012

     

    That is true but it is also true that you get the additional increase of fstop so should only be used if you have over or underexposure not to save batteries

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.