Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

dotphoto.com

Started by fuzz ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

dotphoto.com

3 posts
  1. dotphoto.com

    Has anyone used them?

     

    I like the price of bulk prints, but the last set I ordered were off in color a bit...

     

     

    :D

  2. Quality was an issue for me

    I sent some UW images to them as a comparison test and they came back with the worst prints of those services I tested. The colors were not consistent with the other labs on high quality prints, but they were OK for topside snapshots. I got much better results from Ofoto, Photo Access and Shutterfly. If you're looking for top quality, try Pictopia ($$$). Photo Access has recently been a bit slow in delivery, but the customer service has been pretty good in my experience.

     

    DotPhoto.com does have a nice little private portfolio option where you can set the price of the prints people order from your collection. Other services I looked at charged an extra fee for this. I have noticed they have done some improvements on their interface too.

     

    Hope this helps

     

    Bonnie

  3. I've used them in the past, and I really like the price-setting feature, but the prints are VERY inconsistent for UW shots. I had 1 image printed at two different sizes in the same order, and they came back with very different colors. The problem was most likely that they printed the two sizes on two different printers, but there was obviously no quality control to make sure that my order was consistent.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.