Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Modifying the epl3/ept05 housing to take the zen dome

Started by PeeBee ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Modifying the epl3/ept05 housing to take the zen dome

3 posts
  1. Hi Guys, for various reasons I want to fit the Zen DP100 dome to the epl3/ept05 housing. I understand that to do this I'm going to need to modify or even remove the switch on the front. Has anyone else done this and can they offer any advice please?

  2. Hi Guys, for various reasons I want to fit the Zen DP100 dome to the epl3/ept05 housing. I understand that to do this I'm going to need to modify or even remove the switch on the front. Has anyone else done this and can they offer any advice please?

     

    We should have an article in our knowledge base in the next week or so with some photos, but just a quick clarification if you can't wait before diving in with the dremel tool. You are actually trimming the protective shroud that surrounds the button, and not actually the button. The button will be pressed down when the port is installed, but has not function because the led port has been removed.

  3. We should have an article in our knowledge base in the next week or so with some photos, but just a quick clarification if you can't wait before diving in with the dremel tool. You are actually trimming the protective shroud that surrounds the button, and not actually the button. The button will be pressed down when the port is installed, but has not function because the led port has been removed.

     

    Thanks GW, big help... 8mm Panny here we go :lol:

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.