Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

D700 Firmware Upgrade

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

D700 Firmware Upgrade

4 posts
  1. Does anyone knows what is the value of it?

     

    Nikon seems to mention only this one fix: "An issue that, in some very rare cases, caused images to be extremely under-exposed has been resolved."

     

    Marko

  2. Nope. I don't have my D700 with me to try. But I have experienced the "extreme under exposure issue" which happens on my D700 sometimes when I use the Kenko 1.4 TC. My Kenko 1.5TC and others are fine on the D700 and the 1.4TC is fine on my other Nikons - so this may solve it.

    But I can't try it yet.

    Alex

  3. I have had the extreme under exposure thing happen when using my Kenko 1.4 TC on my D7000. I was pretty sure my strobes were not firing but after close examination of my images on my computer the strobes were firing. I might shoot 10 shots before it happens or maybe every other photo sometimes. The metadata reads the same on the dark images. It seams to happen when my Tokina 10-17 is zoomed fully one way or the other. I am thinking it must have to do with the contacts in either the lens or the TC and it happens with that little bit of toque applied to the combo when the zoom comes to the end of it's travel.

     

    I do have a D700 too and haven't had the under exposure thing happen yet with it. Not sure I will up grade to the new firmware until I find a benefit.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.