I came across this on Amazon. Anyone have any info or experience w/ Polaroid housings? Says its polycarbonate rated to 40m and retains all camera functions for $129.00us. Come in two flavors, one for the kit 18-55, and one for the pancake 16mm. I was gonna pickup the Canon s100 combo, but now i'm rethinking this due to the price of this housing. Any advice? I know the whole "you get what you pay for" applies here, but for a compact sub $1k system, my only other option is the s100/canon or ike housing (which costs almost as much btw). Its even cheaper than those dslr dive bags from Ewa Marine lol.
http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Waterproof-...7016&sr=8-3

I picked up the $216 (with international shipping) 5N/16mm model because the 16mm is a little sharper, wider, and half a stop brighter than the 18-55mm, although it's a little softer at the corners. I got this inexpensive housing mainly for a white-water rafting trip fearful that an expensive acrylic dome will be scratched amidst all the bumping. It'll also be the temporary scuba housing until Sony releases its wide angle zoom, coming in 2012, which "should" have a focal range similar to the 11-18mm A-mount lens. Can't wait to find out!
The built quality of the housing is similar to the two Canon P&S housings I have. The only problem is the rear wheel doesn't turn easily so the work around for me is to set the Aperture Priority to F4 for both stills and 1080 60p video. 60p HD will turn out life-like smooth even with 1/400sec shutter unlike 30p and 24p both require shutter speeds 1/60sec or slower to reduce the choppiness of these slow frame rates.
Both the NEX 16mm and the NEX 18-55mm OSS kit lenses are sharper overall than the Canon 18-55mm IS and Nikon 18-55mm VR so you can't go wrong with either one.
Also, a 16-50mm (24-75mm equivalent FOV) "G"(Gold) high-performance pancake zoom is coming in 2012 - reportedly it will be almost as small as the Panasonic 14-42mm (28-84mm equivalent) X pancake zoom.
I did a lot of research before deciding on the NEX system and put my observations on this 5N page.