Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

zoomlens for big stuff in stead of 10-17 fisheye ?

Started by jan10 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

zoomlens for big stuff in stead of 10-17 fisheye ?

4 posts
  1. I have a Tokina 10-17mm fisheye, great lens if you can get very close, which is most of the time not the case for the big stuff (sharks,..). What are you forummembers using ? I was looking at the sigma 17-70mm but I can not find zoomgear for my sea&sea mdx housing (for my canon 7D) . Would maybe a teleconvertor 1,4 or 2,0 also be an option ?

     

    Thanks for feedback

    jan

  2. Hi Jan,

     

    Yes, a x1.4 Tokina teleconverter would work but a better option would be the Canon 10-22mm which is my first choice if shooting sharks. I think you'll find the 17-70mm has too much reach unless you are looking for images with very close detail.

     

    HTH,Tim

  3. Hi Jan,

     

    Yes, a x1.4 Tokina teleconverter would work but a better option would be the Canon 10-22mm which is my first choice if shooting sharks. I think you'll find the 17-70mm has too much reach unless you are looking for images with very close detail.

     

    HTH,Tim

     

    Thks Tim: is the 10-22 indeed that much of a difference compared tot the tokina 10-17 to be able to shoot sharks e.g. ?

    Jan

  4. The diagonal angle of view of the Tokina is 180 degrees at 10mm to 100 degrees at 17mm whereas the rectilinear 10-22mm is 107 degrees at 10mm to 63 degrees at 22mm.

     

    HTH, Tim

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.