Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Zen mini port with subal housing

Started by magicfx ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Zen mini port with subal housing

6 posts
  1. I have on problem on installing Subal flat port into my Subal housing.

    However, I just can't find a right initial angle to fit the Zen mini port to Subal housing.

     

    DSC04892.JPG

     

    Should I try 90 degree left first and push the port into the groove and turn clockwise?

    Edited by magicfx
  2. Yes, should be as pictured, then rotated 1/4 turn clockwise.

  3. Yes, should be as pictured, then rotated 1/4 turn clockwise.

     

    Should I press the port til o-ring can't be seen before I rotate?

  4. Yes. If the O-ring is not enclosed it cannot make a seal.

     

    Try it without the o-ring, to get a hang of how to line it up. Then fit it again with the o-ring.

     

    Alex

  5. The Zen port "feels" a little different in installing vs the usual Subal ports. With a little practice it will fit fine. I always triple check it because it seems a little different when I install it.

  6. Ya, I should push the port before I rotate it.

    I treated it too carefully :)

     

    Put your palms on the hood and push he port with you body weight.

    Edited by magicfx
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.