Hi,
I have just got an Olympus EPM1 with housing and a light & motion 500 focus light.
The problem is now what strobe to go for??
Is there that much difference between them? ![]()
Any ideas would be good to hear, thanks guys.
Read-only discussion
Hi,
I have just got an Olympus EPM1 with housing and a light & motion 500 focus light.
The problem is now what strobe to go for??
Is there that much difference between them? ![]()
Any ideas would be good to hear, thanks guys.
Hi,
their are many to choose from Inons are very good & have 3 in their range, also you can use all with a fibre optic lead, but saying that Sea& Sea also have a great range which some work with a fibre optic lead. As their are so many it really comes down to your budget, you can get strobes from about £300.00 GBP upwards, it may also worth a look on the used equipment for sale on Wetpixel or ebay. or uwp magazine.
regards,
Andy ![]()
My advice, FWIW, is to buy a strobe which will remain useful to you as your u/w photography develops. When I upgraded to a Canon G9 I was advised by Steve Warren (Ocean Optics) to get a Z-240, a strobe which would remain relevant however far my photography progressed. How true that was as I now shoot with DSLRs and own four Z-240s... Any INON strobe will be good value to you as would most from Sea & Sea and Ikelite. Study the advertisements from first the rate dealers who sponsor WP and make your choice from the selection these companies supply.
HTH, Tim
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.