Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

na-d7000 & ttl

Started by stu1965 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

na-d7000 & ttl

3 posts
  1. how are you guys achieving TTL - I have an incoming NA-D7000, and have ys90s, ys120s and one ds125. All my life, I've used manual lighting, never TTL. so....help a ttl newbie out!

  2. how are you guys achieving TTL - I have an incoming NA-D7000, and have ys90s, ys120s and one ds125. All my life, I've used manual lighting, never TTL. so....help a ttl newbie out!

    Ahh set your camera flash and strobes to TTL, job done.

  3. Um not so simple I think.

     

    TTL with the NA-D7000 is only really available via fiber optic triggering. In this case, you use the camera's built-in strobe to trigger the strobes. I'm not sure which versions of the YS-90 and YS-120 you have, but some of these will only let you trigger your strobes optically, power output will still be manual.

     

    The DS125 is electronically triggered only, so will not work with an optical system. Ikelite do offer a adapter that will let you use it with fiber: http://www.ikelite.com/web_two/fiber-optic.html

     

    Whilst TTL is good for some things, manual still works very well too :) Even if you end up shooting in manual, I would still use fiber optic triggering if possible. It is simpler than Nikonos /Ikelite cables and bulkheads.

     

    Adam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.