Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Brilliant new ink feeding system for ink jet printers

Started by Cal ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Brilliant new ink feeding system for ink jet printers

2 posts
  1. Hi Guys,

     

    I run a portable photography business. We regularly print up to 50 prints (5x7's) a day. I am using a few canon pixma printers (price $50-100)

     

    Ink was costing me $50 per cartridge (XL 641 Canon Ink) and I was using 2-3 cartridges a week.

     

    I've started using the 'inklink' system from RIHAC (http://www.rihac.com.au/inklink8482-ciss-units-c-26.html)

     

    You can buy a 100ml refill of the homebrand ink for around $13 which would cost you $260 in Canon ink (100ml) (according to their website).

     

    I have noticed no difference in the quality of the prints.

     

    The system paid for its self in the first 3-4 days.

     

    This system should save me a minimum of $4000 on ink expenditure by the end of the year (which i'll spend on a dive trip)

     

    I just thought i'd share this great product with you all (I am not affiliated)

     

    :lol:

     

    Cheers

     

    Cal

  2. I've seen these advertised in the UK but as I use re-manufactured inkjet cartridges which are a quarter of the price of the Canon OEMs the cost advantages perhaps don't benefit me as much. FWIW I've found that inks manufactured by 'OCP' are very good and produce comparable results to Canon inks if used with a (Colormunki) calibrated printer.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.