Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon 7D and Inon Z240 Strobe

Started by esetterf ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 7D and Inon Z240 Strobe

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am just getting to grips with my Canon 7D and Inon Z240 strobe but the light doesn't seem very bright. I have played around with the strobe which seems to be working fine, but am wondering if my Canon settings are not right.

    Is anybody able to help please with the settings of my camera.

    Thanks.

  2. Is anybody able to help please with the settings of my camera.

    Thanks.

     

    Hi Emma,

    What kind of water are you diving in? How do you have the camera set up now?

     

    Steve

    Edited by Steve Williams
  3. Hi,

    I am just getting to grips with my Canon 7D and Inon Z240 strobe but the light doesn't seem very bright. I have played around with the strobe which seems to be working fine, but am wondering if my Canon settings are not right.

    Is anybody able to help please with the settings of my camera.

    Thanks.

    I would start with the camera on manual mode, f:11 and 1/125 second shutter speed. Set the camera flash to ETTL and set the Inon up in STTL and shoot something on you kitchen table and tell us what you see (or post a pic). Once that is working we can move your settings around. I suspect you are in Aperture priority and the strobe is only shooting fill flash so try it this way and see how that goes.

    Bill

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.