Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

FIX S100 and uwl 04 28mm Wide angle

Started by samplin ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

FIX S100 and uwl 04 28mm Wide angle

5 posts
  1. I just acquired the FIX S100 housing for my Canon S100. One of my dives buddies has the uwl 04 28mm wet lens..

    Am I going to get much wider coverage with the wet lens as just shooting the camera on it's widest angle. The camera wide angle is 24mm and the wet lens is 28MM.

    Please help me understand this. It looks like, if I put the wet lens on, there is vignetting until I zoom the camera a little.

     

    Am I better off with or without the wet lens?

     

    Here are some shots for the setup last month, without the wet lens. Compass Point Grand Cayman

     

    Joe

    Edited by samplin
  2. post-6037-1339968138.jpg

     

    post-6037-1339968125.jpg

     

    Hi Joe,

     

    You have such a great camera with the Canon S100 and have already taken some beautiful photos with it, I loved looking through your gallery.

     

    My course guest yesterday had exactly the same thought as she had never used either the camera or the wide angle lens before. She was amazed at the difference and it will definitely help you to take sharper photos of larger subjects like caves, wrecks and reef scenes as you will be able to get so much closer to your subject.

     

    I've attached 2 different photos from yesterday showing one picture taken just using the camera's built-in flash and then another showing what can be achieved with the wide angle lens. It is also super useful for split-level shots too.

     

    Hope this helps, have fun, you have a great eye for photos already and look forward to seeing more.

     

    All the best,

     

    maria

  3. Thanks for you quick reply and kind words..

    I am off again to Little Cayman on Saturday. Real anxious to use the wide angle.. On the walls.

    I will post with the photos in a few weeks.

     

    Joe

  4. Hi again,

     

    I'm so pleased that the plastic turtle shots helped a little, I felt a bit shy about posting them instead of real subjects.

     

    Have a really super time and look forward to hearing how you get on.

     

    All the best,

     

    maria

     

     

     

     

    Thanks for you quick reply and kind words..

    I am off again to Little Cayman on Saturday. Real anxious to use the wide angle.. On the walls.

    I will post with the photos in a few weeks.

     

    Joe

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.