Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

5D Mark III Workflow

Started by Curious George ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

5D Mark III Workflow

4 posts
  1. Hi folks,

     

    I'm a shooter more than an editor, and often get bogged down by the technical details in post production. In the past I've simply used Log & Transfer in FCP7 to get my 5D2/7D footage ready to edit, but as far as I can tell FCP7 isn't set up to handle 5D3 footage as of yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on workflow and software to transcode 5D3 footage to ProRes 422 so it's user-friendly in FCP7?

     

    Thanks!

    -CG

  2. Best workflow I have found for MkII footage is Download from card - convert in MPEG Streamclip to ProRes 422 - import / edit in FCP

  3. There's a plug in from Canon which does the transcode from FCP7. Find it on the Canon 5D3 website. Besides Jonny's suggesting, you can also try 5DtoRGB, which has the highest quality transcode (and slowest!). If you are shooting ALL-I, I'm not sure how the Canon plug works on that since I'm now using CS6.

  4. Awesome, thanks for the suggestions guys.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.