I am going to do a 'shark' trip soon and have an Olympus epm1. What is going to be the best lens for this? I was looking at the Panasonis 8mm but I am concerned that I will not be able to get close enough and the image is going to end up a dot. I am obviously aware I need to be as close as poss but is there a better lens for than the 8mm for this??
Any ideas??
A would suggest a Wideangle Zoom. Not really knowing the Oly PEN lineup.
Where are you going? so we can better think about the distance you will shoot at (it is not the same a Bahamas Shearwater trip than a Malapascua thresher shark etc...). I am not much into olympus lenses but I doing a fast search I found 7-14mm, a 9-18 and a 11-22mm that maybe is worth a try (you may need a large dome as its CFD is 28mm), or the 14-54 with its 22cm of CFD could be also good. It is important before you buy to know wether that lens has been succesfully used before UW (some rectilinear lenses deliver bad edges IQ etc...)
I am going to the Maldives... 12 Different species of shark on the last trip so I want something flexable.
A zoom WA makes sence.
Im interested in others answer to this question as well I shoot a epl1 and looking at doing a carolina shark trip. So far it looks like the way to go is the panasonic 8mm with the zen port or the olympus 9-18 with zen port. Oly is a little cheaper but from pics Ive seen both look like the best/only option at the moment. Hoping others will chime in though.
I've shot a lot of sharks with a 17-40 and a 15mm fisheye, both on a full frame sensor.