Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kenko PRO 300 V.S. MC4 TC1.4x with Nikon 105VR

Started by magicfx ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko PRO 300 V.S. MC4 TC1.4x with Nikon 105VR

5 posts
  1. Looking for a 1.4x teleconverter for Nikon 105VR,

    I found lots of positive feedback about Kento TC.

    But I found Kenko released "PRO 300" and "MC4" DGX TC1.4x.

    Which type is better for UW??

  2. get the nikon 1.4tc and be done with it. The only reason you'd get the kenko would be to use it on a lens not compatible with the nikon. the nikon is far superior.

  3. ... get the nikon 1.4tc and be done with it...

     

    I guess so, although the 105mm is about the shortest lens with which it is compatible, I seem to recall.

     

    If you are going to use a teleconverter with a fisheye lens, then the Tokina is still about the only option.

     

    Most of my buddies are using "wet" dioptres rather tha teleconverters for "super"-macro photography. I use a +5D achromat inside my port.

     

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

  4. I guess so, although the 105mm is about the shortest lens with which it is compatible, I seem to recall.

     

    If you are going to use a teleconverter with a fisheye lens, then the Tokina is still about the only option.

     

    Most of my buddies are using "wet" dioptres rather tha teleconverters for "super"-macro photography. I use a +5D achromat inside my port.

     

     

    Tim

     

    ;)

     

    Tim

    can you recommend me some good dry and wet achromat dioptres?

  5. can you recommend me some good dry and wet achromat dioptres?

     

    I think that the only dry achromats are now made by Marumi, with Hoya glass (I think). Second hand Nikon achromats are like gold dust, and priced accordingly. Canon always made excellent achromatic close-up lenses.

     

    Wet lenses are single-element, and have a much greater risk of chromatic aberration. The "classic" wet lens is the "Woody's", others are designed for particular manufacturer's ports; the threaded FIT wet lenses that are designed for Nauticam macro ports, for instance.

     

    Tim

     

    :B):

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.