F-stop and Shutter with D100 Digital
Hi everyone, need a little input here.
I have been playing with my camera (D100) shooting flowers and bottle caps and have some questions relative to settings. I read somewhere that the higher the f-stop when shooting macro (22, 28, 33, whatever) the more likely you will get either noise or a type of digital circles of confusion. I am finding that I can get good exposure at 250th shutter at f22 and higher with no problem. But is that optimal for image quality. I assume the balancing act for DOF and negative space focus exists with digital but have yet to hear much feedback on this topic relative to the limits of the camera. What settings do you recommend while using your macro set up? Is there a max f-stop one chooses to use to optimize image quality? And does a higher shutter impact anything other than freezing the image and controlling light?
Thanks for the advice.
Joe Belanger