Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Grass Valley codecs now available to non-Grass Valley applications

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Grass Valley codecs now available to non-Grass Valley applications

4 posts
  1. Grass Valley have made their codecs, including Canopus HQ and HQX free to non-Grass Valley users.

     

    It should be a good option to DNxHD, Cineform etc. as a near-lossless intraframe codec.

     

    Windows 7 is required sad.png and also registration on the GV site.

     

    Download.

    Also

    Also

    A little discussion and testing

     

    Now I wish Apple would let us encode ProRes on in Windows.

  2. BTW I saw that GV released the new Edius 6.5

     

    I was impressed by this Matthew Scott tutorial regarding the on the fly conversion of 8bit color space clips to 10 bit colorspace.

    I would like to test on some uw shot to see if it's a "banding" killer :)

     

    Nice also how it handles the Red files and the new layouter.

     

    [vimeohd]44625053[/vimeohd]

  3. Back in the days when you had to convert HDV to another codec, I found the Canopus HQ codec was better than Cineforms with the underwater footage and the computer could convert to it on the fly easier.

    Using the Canopus HQX codec you can convert any resolution size to it, using the Canopus HQ one you are limited to set resolution sizes.

  4. I saw that GV released its canopus codecs pack for Apple too.

     

    Bye

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.