Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon 10-22 vs Tokina 10-17

Started by belizediversity ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 10-22 vs Tokina 10-17

3 posts
  1. Apologies if this topic has been covered already but any opinions of the canon 10-22 over the Tokina 10-17.

     

    The reason I ask is that most websites have the Tokina 10-1NH on back order and only offer the 10-17DX. It will be impossible to shave off the lens hood down here in Belize unless I try with my vice and hack saw :-(

  2. It sounds like you planned to use Tokina 10-17 with a FX sensor camera. I've heared that someone has used lathe to remove the lens hood. If your other option is EF-S10-22 note that the lens is for DX cameras only (EF-S bayonet instead of EF). If you don't need an ultra-wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) fileld of view consider to use a 1.4x teleconverter with Tokina to get rid of vigneting.

     

    Personally I like the Tokina more than EF-S 10-22 underwater with my Canon EOS 50D (DX sensor) so anyhow it might be a good idea to forget the 10-22 if you don't need a rectlinear lens.

    Edited by MiVo
  3. On what camera?

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.