I am considering getting a 4" dome port and need some advise. In mind is the Aquatica and the Zen minidome (any others ??). Are there any differences between them, such as like coating, type of glass ??
Thxs.
Read-only discussion
I am considering getting a 4" dome port and need some advise. In mind is the Aquatica and the Zen minidome (any others ??). Are there any differences between them, such as like coating, type of glass ??
Thxs.
If you have an Aquatica already might as well stay with the brand. I have used the Aquatica mini and the large zen they are both very nice products.
i also use the aquatica 4" dome and it is a really nice and well made product. when used with the 10-17mm straight and no TC's you have to stop down to F9/f11 or so to get sharp corners though. with a 1.4TC it is sharp
I am considering getting a 4" dome port and need some advice.
Hang on a minute! What camera and lens are you using? This will determine things like the possible need for extension rings, even if there is a benefit from a mini-dome...
Tim
hi Tim, I am using aquatica on a d7000 wth tokina 10-17mm. I am currently using a 8" dome n find that hard to travel with hence the change to a 4". I hv most of the extensions as they are same fr the macro ports n 8" dome. Just wana know from here what are the differences betwern the Zen n Aquatica mini dome.
With the Aquatica 4" Mini-dome, the correct extension is the 18456.
S.
18456... just so happens to be the sameone for the 105mm.... there you go aquatica helping me to travel light ![]()
yes i totally agree
Alastair, the correct extension for the 105 is the 18453. (28.5mm), 18456 is 16.5mm.
S.
Stewart you are right i was a bit hasty in my reply
... what i meant was with a TC they are the same so that when i travel i only need the two18456 and 18453... two instead of three. i use my 10-17mm with the TC a lot.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.