Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon D7000 underwater settings

Started by Panda ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon D7000 underwater settings

11 posts
  1. A couple of updates to my website.

     

    Nikon D7000 underwater settings

    This is a page detailing all my settings used for Macro, Wide, Splits, and Video. It may be of use for new users. Any corrections or comments are most welcome.

     

    DIY macro lens mount

    Here's my macro lens holder using plumbing bits.

  2. D7000 settings - Now with added images and links to examples

  3. Your website is very helpful!

  4. Nice. I like the opa and oma fiets too!

  5. D7000 settings - Now with added images and links to examples

     

    What do you typically user for metering settings?

    Edited by dvleemin
  6. I use all manual exposure so no metering

  7. I think he is referring to metering mode. For me, its spot metering always.

  8. I think he is referring to metering mode. For me, its spot metering always.

     

    Yes, I was referring to metering mode.

     

    I would have expected the spot is used for Macro, and Matrix for wide angle.

  9. Matrix metering for general photography, evaluate the result and adjust the EV to suit.

    Underwater I may occasionally use Aperture priority with about -2/3 ev and matrix metering with manual flash in shallow water. But usually, as I said, all manual so metering mode is irrelevant.

  10. Correct me if I’m wrong but metering is still very relevant even in Manual mode.

  11. Not for the way I work, maybe I'm the odd one out here. I have standard starting aperture and shutter for macro or wide, then make adjustments after looking at the result on the screen. The meter has no role in that workflow.

    You have me intrigued now, how do you use the meter in manual mode?

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.