I'd like to sell my almost new MDX-D7000 and replace it with the new MDX-D800 housing and got 2 ouestions. please :
1.Can some one recommend a store that makes this kind of replacements or a good site I can publish it among the underwater commuinty ? I live in Israel and the market here is tiny.
2. I would like to use my Nikon 16-35/4 in the new MDX-800. I can't find on Sea&Sea site a zoom gear for that lens and Sea&Sea is ignoring my repeat enquires for a solution and just refuse to unswer. Does any one knows if I can use a different company's zoom gear in my Sea&Sea housing ?
Thank you very much in advance !!!
I was having the same challenge as Sea & Sea doesn't support this lens yet. I contacted Backscatter East and Fred was able to assist, informing me that the older 105 focus gear modified with some Velcro on the inside of the gear is the solution. Mine was shipped today.
Gary
Thanks, Gary !!!
This lens is out in the market from 2010 and I don't thing many photographers are buying the 17-35 any more, I wonder why Sea&Sea insist not make a zoom gear for it and don't unswer customers enquires.
I"ll look for the old 105 focus zoom gear as you advised !
Udi
Aquatica uses their focus gear for 60&85 micro as a zoom gear on the 16-35. I wonder why Sea & Sea wouldn't work the same.
Yes, that's a good question !
My main problem is the arrogance and bad customer service of Sea&Sea - they just ignor customer queries.