Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

DS 125 cost

Started by tc_rain ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DS 125 cost

2 posts
  1. I am new to photography so please bear with me. I just cracked my Olympus housing and got an Ikelite to replace it. I thought this would also be a good time to move up to dual strobes and replace my single Sea and Sea 110a with dual Ikelite DS 125’s. This way I can use the sync cord connected to my hotshoe instead of the fiber optic I used with the Olympus housing. Can someone give me an idea what I should pay for the 125’s? Their used price seems to be all over the place and I can’t determine what is fair. I also see some of them have had upgrades by Ikelite such as a current listed one states it has the modeling light and the latest eTTL specs.

  2. It's like art, they are only worth what you are willing to pay!

     

    To me USD 400-500 for a working strobe, more if it includes arm/charger.

     

    Twin ds-51's may be more cost effective unless you want a lot of wide angle.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.