Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sea Turtles at Apo Island

Started by escape ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea Turtles at Apo Island

3 posts
  1. [vimeohd720]46605512[/vimeohd720]

     

    "Apo Island is a volcanic island covering 12 hectares in land area, 7 kilometers off the southeastern tip of Negros Island and 30 kilometers south of the Negros Oriental capital of Dumaguete City in the Philippines.

    Apo Island is one of the world's best known community-organized marine sanctuaries, and as such it has been well documented by the global science community."

    Quote from wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apo_Island

     

    Shot on Canon 5D Mark III, 8-15mm FE (Magic filter) in Nauticam housing / Jul 2012.

  2. Eunjae,

    Another great one!

     

    How did you do your white balance? White card, sand? I have tried using the Magic filter and had a rough time getting something that I liked. It seemed to me that the magic filter only worked well within a specific depth range. And then I struggled to get something I liked outside that range. But your results are fantastic.

     

    Also, did you do much post color correction?

    In past conversations, you have indicated that you use Landscape as the picture style. Is this the same now that you are using the mark III?

     

    thanks again for posting this video.

     

    Dustin

  3. Hi Dustin,

     

    I'm MWBing on sand or coral. In this video, most of footage are raw but few of them (from very shallow depth) I reduced red in post editing.

    And yes, I use Landscape picture style for WA (Standard for Macro) but customized to more flat (sharpness, contrast).

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.