Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Olympus PT-010 DIY Cleaning Guide...

Started by sehsuan ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus PT-010 DIY Cleaning Guide...

8 posts
  1. Olympus PT-010 DIY Cleaning Guide...

    I just did a cleaning of the casing by myself, and did a tutorial for those interested in how the PT010 is constructed. I've yet to test out the casing at pressure at a nearby swimming pool to see if the sealing of the black O-rings are intact, but i'll keep you guys posted!

     

    Wait no longer, here is the article!

    http://sehsuan.clubsnap.org/olympus/

     

    Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything! ;)

  2. Great stuff! I think I'll get started right away. That will keep my mind off ideas about getting new and expensive gear. Or maybe I should wait for your pool test... :)

  3. paste, i tried it out in the swimming pool in my institute, it's only a 1.8 meter deep test though. no problems. :)

     

    04-02-23-fisheye.jpg

  4. Where did you get the new o-rings? :?:

  5. Then I shall get to it! Those black o-rings look a bit salty. :)

  6. meister, i did not purchase new black O-rings. i took mine out carefully using a screwdriver, in a similar way you'd gently take a poached egg off a hot pan. :)

     

    paste, please be careful!

     

    my friend on another forum has shown me another site, http://pt010.da-kine.info/topics.htm , which has cautioned especially when doing the zoom lever - because if the lock "bolt" is not fastened into the groove, there is a risk of flood! :(

  7. How often do you service your housing this extensively?

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.